Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wimbledon Quarterfinal Predictions- Part II

Don't worry ATP, I haven't forgotten about you. I was just watching some amazing WTA matches!

[12] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs [3] Roger Federer

Tsonga already took out Mini-Fed in the second round. Can he take out the real thing? I don't think so. Federer is nearly unbeatable on grass. He's serving well and playing aggressively. I'll give it to him in 4 sets.

[4] Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez
Murray is playing excellent tennis here at Wimbledon, and he's only lost two lets on his way to the quarterfinals. He's known for his movement, and he can often chase down seemingly impossible to reach shots and hit winners off them.
Lopez has had one of the tournaments of his reaching his third quarterfinal at a major and at Wimbledon. He showed great fight when coming back from match point and two sets to love down to win his Round of 16 match against Kubot.
I think that Lopez has the ability to pull off the upset. His first serve is great, and his aggressive game suits the grass. He has a strong forehand and good netplay. However, I think that Murray will pull it out in four or five because of his consistency.

[10] Mardy Fish vs [1] Rafael Nadal
Mardy Fish played well against Berdych to make his first quarterfinal at a major since 2008. However, Nadal is a very different opponent than Berdych. For one, Nadal won't choke. Also, Nadal can track down many more balls than Berdych can. Fish had a great tournament here at Wimbledon, but it will be over in three sets.

Bernard Tomic vs [2] Novak Djokovic
Although I've heard a lot of hype about Tomic, I haven't actually seen him play yet. I know he beat Soderling, but I don't know how he did it. However, I do know that Djokovic was a semifinalist here last year where he lost to an inspired Berdych. With his improved serve and forehand, Djokovic has only lost a single match this year, and I have trouble seeing him go out to anyone but Federer or Nadal. Djokovic in three.

No comments:

Post a Comment